Friday, May 8, 2009

HOPE


Here's a crude picture of my most recent painting. As soon as I get it properly documented I'll move it on over to my website. I'm kind of angry at how long it takes me to paint these days. I don't know what makes me hesitate so much. I'm going to make a series of quick paintings over the next few weeks and see where that takes me. I won't even worry about the end result, just as long as I produce a lot and get used to painting faster. Oh, yeah, so about the painting I posted....it's called "HOPE", and there's a raven down below that's really hard to see right now, but it's there. I had to try not to go overboard with this one. Like someone who is insecure about their body overdresses, I feel insecure when my paintings are (relatively) straightforward. I want to add a bunch of images and ideas so that I feel like I'm making the painting worth more somehow. This was my attempt at scaling back a little bit and actually placing the figure in a recognizable space (compared to my previous ones at least). So there you have it. A little behind the scenes of my brain unit.

1 comment: